Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Big news!

TA! CA! MSP to ORD to PVG! Or in non-adoption lingo....we got Travel Approval from China, booked a Consulate Appointment for May 20th and this morning we are booking flights to go from Minneapolis, to Chicago to Shanghai on May 7th!

It's happening quickly here at the end, as we had been warned it does. It all came together yesterday and I think I finally started letting myself feel the butterflies. I got a bit teary thinking about how soon it is and even Kevin got a little giddy  :)

If all goes according to the plan, we are meeting our son
three weeks from today!

Soon we will have a day to day itinerary that I will share on here, so if you feel prompted to pray for us, there will be much we need God's steady hand in.

For now - I need to come off some sort of non-caffeinated, non-sugar related high that has gotten me only 8 hours of sleep within the past 48 hours.  Pretty sure I might hit a wall today. Needing to claim God's invitations to rest, trust and place the details and our four children in his care.

If you feel prompted to pray on our behalf, please take a moment even now....

  • Petition Jesus' heart to protect our little guy and prepare him for this life changing event.            
  • Petition Jesus' heart to prepare Jude, Timmy and Annie for being big siblings again, for the long time away from us and for the ability to share our attention once we return.                                                       
  • Petition Jesus' heart to strengthen Kevin and my's relationship daily so we have the endurance, foundation and communication to forge through the upcoming months with grace and peace.
 
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

4 comments: