Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I have to share...

At the risk of posting too many blogs in the month of July (3 is a record so far)...I just can't resist sharing some awesome news.

I checked in with our social worker, Pam, today and after going through our status and talking through a few things, I asked about "Henry" and "Yeager".  The two little boys from Pong's group at the orphanage who have not found homes yet.  I had noticed our agency had recently posted another update on Yeager, reaching out again to ask someone to step forward and call him son.  Then, when I asked about Henry, she told me he just found a family! Pam then said "You're in MN, aren't you?" When I said "yes", she said "Henry is going to MINNESOTA!"

If you read my last blog, you'd remember I asked you to pray for this exact thing.  Our agency is based in California so to have a MN family is as likely as having a family from any other state.  For some reason I was reminded of these boys every time I washed my hands this week. And so every time I've washed my hands for the past week, I have scrubbed them together and prayed hard for Pong's paperwork to keep moving forward in China and also for Henry and Yeager to find a family in Minnesota.  Some of you told me you'd pray for the boys too, so I knew I needed to share this news as soon as possible. I am so grateful.  All I know to do is to praise Jesus that He hears me and delights in giving good gifts to His children.

I don't know the exact city they live in and they're busy pulling together paperwork on their end.  But, hopefully we will connect at some point and our boys will be able to know each other.  For now, I just am overflowing with joy and thankfulness at the possibility.

If you know anyone who might be interested in praying for or pursuing this sweet boy, here is a link to more info on him...

http://missmaryssecretgarden.wordpress.com/2014/06/21/yeager/

From a logistical standpoint today, I found out we'll be waiting longer than I originally thought to officially "lock in" our little guy.  To be honest, I had hoped we'd be official by now.  But it's looking like mid-August before the paperwork is complete. But this news about Henry helped deflect the disappointment.  I am choosing to trust God's hand is protecting, nurturing and blessing our little Pong every day. It's hard to not be with him. But God is with Him and I have to fix my mind on that.

Have a wonderful week -

No comments:

Post a Comment